HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer setup instructions
- July 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: officejetpro
From Unboxing to installing, check out the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer manual below. Get to know about the complete HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 setup procedure in detail.
Unpack the OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer
- The very first thing you have to do is, open the printer and you will get to view the installation CD (both Windows and Mac) in the printer package.
- After that, you will be seeing HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer manual (quick start guide), setup poster and HP instant Ink Card. Subscribing to the HP Instant Ink subscription will replace the cartridges when the ink is low or empty automatically.
- A set of ink cartridges will be available inside the printer and it is very important for the printer setup. You cannot use the cartridges purchased outside even if it is HP genuine ink cartridges.
- Remove the packing materials, tapes and stickers and also check inside the printer to eliminate the protective plastics completely.
- Once you are done with unboxing, advance to the OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer hardware setup.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 hardware setup
- Initially, you should connect the printer to a direct electrical source using the power chord that came along with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
- Switch on the printer and then give some time to settle properly. Now it’s time to set up your Preferences like language, date/time and country/region. Also, verify your choice by clicking the Confirm button on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer control panel.
- By opening the cartridge access door, you will be allowed to insert the HP OfficeJet pro 6978 ink cartridges. Don’t forget to eliminate “insert” from the carriage.
- Uncover the printer and then place all the four cartridges in place.
- The printer will also prompt you to include papers in the main tray right after the cartridge verification.
- Insert a stack of papers into the main tray and adjust the paper width glides without disturbing the papers.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer and then complete the hardware setup by printing alignment pages.
Devices in which you can download the HP printer software
- Mac devices
- Windows OS
- Android mobile devices
Step-by-step to execute HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 software setup
- Visit HP website or support site to install the most recent version printer software.
- Now run the .exe file (software) on your desktop.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer setup session without any hindrance.
- In the middle of the software setup, you might be asked to choose the “Connectivity Type”, select Wired or Wireless.
- Then wait for the process to finish.
- You have installed the software successfully.
If you want to know more about 123.hp.com/setup printer support, then you should certainly navigate to our website. Just dial the toll-free number mentioned here to have a chat with technical experts.